Monday, October 31, 2011

Day 16 - Oct 31

Happy Halloween!  Tonight will surely be the ultimate test - resisting the huge bowl of candy sitting out for hours.  We have no idea how many trick-or-treaters to expect in our new neighborhood... hopefully I won't have to run out to get even more!

I started the day off with zucchini quiche, brussels and bacon, and a cup of coffee. For lunch I had a saladworks salad with chicken, egg whites, and lots of veggies plus oil and vinegar dressing and coffee #2.

I had a bit of a traumatic afternoon. This little guy was feeling crumby yesterday and then was throwing up last night and all day today.

So I took him to the vet.  He got xrays, blood work, and a urine sample taken, and the conclusion is that he has a kidney infection. The vet has to keep him overnight to pump him with fluids and put him on antibiotics. Hopefully they see him getting back to his usual self tonight so they don't have to transfer him to another facility that has staff on 24 hours.  I know he'll be okay, but it was scary and sad leaving him for the night :( I'm keeping my fingers crossed for good news tomorrow morning.

I had an early dinner of spaghetti squash, crock pot meat, and brussels and bacon.  I'm hoping this will ward off any candy cravings later. If I do feel the need to munch on something that is not candy, my plan is to heat up some extra dinner as a snack.

Only 14 days left!

No comments: