|stocked for the week :)|
|brought to you by some of my new favorite Trader Joe's items|
MORE Cherry Balls
Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Bake (from Everyday Paleo)
This recipe was so easy and delicious, it will definitely become a regular in the future.
1) Place boneless skinless chicken breast in a large glass baking dish.
2) Sprinkle with basil, salt, and pepper and mix well.
3) Sprinkle sliced garlic on top (I just spread on come crushed garlic), and spread the sun dried tomatoes and the olive oil that's in the jar over the entire dish (see TJ's sun dried tomatoes above).
5) Remove the tin foil and bake for another 15 minutes.
Simple, flavorful chicken! My first thought was that it reminded me of pizza.. yum.
Macaroni and Not Cheese
- spaghetti squash instead of pasta
- walnuts instead of cashews
- no nutritional yeast
- added a piece of cooked chicken sausage before baking
Not the prettiest dish, and it tastes more like a creamy tomato sauce then a cheese sauce, but it's still a good spaghetti squash topping. I wonder if cashews and nutritional yeast make all the difference...
|how mine turned out|
|how this blogger's turned out|
Hamburger and Butternut Squash Curry (from this blogger)
- 1 lb of lean ground beef (I used ground turkey breast from good ole Trader Joe's)
- 1 small butternut squash - peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 1 jar Trader Joe's curry simmer sauce (see picture above - all Paleo ingredients!)
- 1/2 can of unsweetened coconut milk
|making some use of the crock pot|
|getting ready to be put in the fridge|
BreakfastI've been experimenting with different omelet recipes, mostly from The Paleo Recipe Book. I made a zucchini quiche - It turned out very thin because I scaled down the recipe from serving 6 to serving 1 and didn't have a smaller container to bake it in.
Heading out for a CrossFit workout in a couple hours.. I'll let you know how it goes!