Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Gym Video and Food For the Day!

"The reason most people never reach their goals is that they don't define them, learn about them, or even seriously consider them as believable or achievable. Winners can tell you where they are going, what they plan to do along the way, and who will be sharing the adventure with them."  - Denis Waitley
 (courtesy of Train with Amie
Loving this quote right now - I have a feeling I'm going to need to refer back to it multiple times over the next couple of weeks! 
At the gym tonight I had training then a spin class. I've been working on a Kettelbell progression, and have finally arrived at the Kettelbell snatch! This was only my second time trying it, I had my trainer (hi Kevin!) film so I can check out how silly bad ass I look :P Definitely room to improve in technique and weight.
And now for the food...
burning down the apartment with eggs, veggies, and chicken sausage
Breakfast: Same as yesterday, but I sauteed the leftover zucchini from dinner last night in addition to some red pepper and onion. I also remembered to put a dribble of coconut milk in my eggs and actually remembered to season my eggy mess with some pepper and a pinch of salt - it made a big difference! I also tried to cheat a little bit by using Pam olive oil cooking spray because it has no calories (I really can't use it because it has soy in it) and it totally backfired on me! Apparently its not really good for cooking because it evaporates quickly, so my entire apartment was filled with smoke after heating up the chicken sausage and veggies. Then I went back to using my Paleo-friendly coconut oil to cook the omelet with, and had no problems. Lesson learned - no more Pam!
Lunch: Same appetizing-looking leftovers as yesterday.
Snack: Peppered turkey deli meat with sliced tomatoes again and a small handful of almonds.
Dinner: Despite getting home from the gym after 8, I pulled together a recipe for Coconut-Walnut Chicken. I mixed unsweetened shredded coconut, chopped walnuts (oops, two nut servings for the day), and cinnamon in a bowl, then dipped chicken breast pieces into unsweetened coconut milk, into the dry mixture, and baked on a pan. For my veggies, I dumped my cubed butternut squash in a ziploc, added extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, thyme, garlic, and pepper, shook it around a bit, and then baked in a tinfoil wrapper. The best part is that I have leftovers for lunch! I also had a peach for dessert to get a fruit serving in.
I'm training at CrossFit Aspire Wednesday and Friday this week, I'll let you know how it goes!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Question - Does Sean try this meals too? If so, what does he think of them? Just curious!

- Lesley

Klinenator said...

I oversee the cooking of them but i am not brave enough to try them.... yet

Anonymous said...

Go Kate Go! Sexy kettle bell pic ;)....or is it supposed to be a video we can watch????

Anonymous said...

that last post was from me, Wife Ali :)

Anonymous said...

Oh and I just figured out how to watch the video! Look at you Wifey!!!

Kate said...

hahahah wife you're the best. when do I get to see you next???

Ariana said...

You sexy beast you!