Sunday, November 6, 2011

Day 22 - Nov 6

I wholeheartedly took advantage of my extra hour of sleep last night. After waking up uncharacteristically late, Sean cooked us a nice Sunday breakfast of bacon and eggs.

After CrossFit, I came home, made some coffee, and was ready to get cooking! I made a 13-egg zucchini quiche with a special addition of andouille sausage from Whole Foods. An extra large dish was used to prevent overflow:
I then made another quadruple batch of my <3brussels sprouts and bacon<3... I wonder when I'm going to get sick of this dish.  I used a chef's knife properly for the first time EVER to cut the ends off my brussels sprouts. Thank you for teaching me how, Melissa! I even managed to do it without cutting my fingers off.  Due to the NJEA convention I only have 3 days of work this week, so I got prepared by packing up some for lunches along with crock pot meat:
Poor picture quality, but it does it's job.
After this picture I packed up one more container for dinner at grad class Tuesday night. While I was cooking, I snacked on some of the sausage, brussels and bacon, and a slice of leftover pumpkin pie from last night (it tastes even better cold!). Sooo I suppose that would be my lunch.

For dinner we grilled steaks for the first time. We put (way too much of) a dry rub on grass fed rib eye steaks, grilled, and ate.  I ate mine with side of spaghetti squash and some brussels and bacon.
 
I have a great week coming up.  My lesson plans, cooking, and laundry are done. Mom's coming home from the hospital tomorrow.  Off of work Thursday and Friday, so I'll have plenty of time to get caught up on things, take Eddy to get his blood work redone, and potentially buy new work pants. I'm slowly realizing that even though I am slimming down, I have gained so much muscle particularly in my legs, so I'm just a larger size now. Even if I do shrink back to my old size at some point, I'm not going to make it through this winter without pants that fit. Oh well. Maybe next spring/summer I'll learn my lesson and not gain a ridiculous amount of weight.  Additionally, on Saturday I'll be participating in the Barbells for Boobs Helen Meets Grace event with Amy... can't wait!

No comments: