Monday, July 4, 2011

Lots to Smile About!

In Workout News...
As of July 1st, I am now an official CrossFitter! I could not be more excited to begin this wellness adventure :D

CrossFit Saturday 7/2: 
Strength:
Deadlift 3×3 (115 lb barbell)
Conditioning: (completed in 9:56)
6 Rounds: Rounds 1,3,5 perform box jumps (I did step ups - ever since my knee surgery I've been terrified of jumping!), Rounds 2,4,6 perform push-ups
1 Deadlift (55 lb barbell)
1 Push-ups / Box Jump
2 Deadlifts
2 Push-ups / Box Jumps
3 Deadlifts
3 Push-ups / Box Jumps
4 Deadlifts
4 Push-ups / Box Jumps
5 Deadlifts
5 Push-ups / Box Jumps

CrossFit Monday 7/4:
“Murph”
1 mile Run
100 Pull-ups
200 Push-ups
300 Squats
1 mile Run
*There were 3 crazy men who took on this benchmark workout as is, the rest of us worked in teams of 2. In other words, we each completed 800m run, 50 pull ups, 100 push-ups, 150 squats, and topped it off with an 800m run. Only one team member could work at a time (with the exception of the runs - we ran together), which explains why the video I linked to above catches me doing a whole lot of nothing :P We broke up the work into 20 sets of "Cindy" (5 Pull-ups, 10 Push-ups, 15 squats) alternating with our partner. My partner, John, and I completed in 38:18.

In Snacking News... 
(inspiration for both of these snacks courtesy of Alycia at CrossFit Aspire)

Apples + raisins + a little bit of almond meal + cinnamon = my new favorite way to get my fruit and nut serving in! I heat the chopped apple in the microwave for a minute then add the other 3 ingredients and heat for another minute. Tastes like apple pie!

Easy Chicken Salad: chicken (I boiled chicken breasts for about 15 minutes), lots of chopped veggies, raisins, some finely chopped almonds, olive oil, and pepper.
my veggies of choice: 1 small yellow squash, 1/2 large zucchini, 1/2 red bell pepper

In Other News... 
I've been busy getting the apartment ready for a new resident :D
I will share lots more info and pics once he has safely arrived! Any tips on introducing a new dog to the house?? My shih tzu Bella is very sweet and good-tempered (and will be SO happy to have someone to play with), but I'm still nervous about the change!

Happy 4th of July!

1 comment:

ronnib said...

Chances are they'll get along fine, but I would have taken Bella to meet Eddy before you bought him.
I'm sure there's lots of good information on the web.