Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Caveman Chili

CrossFit Monday 7/18
Strength:
Front Squat 5 rounds of 2 (80lb barbell.. a PR by 15lbs!)
Conditioning:
“The Garage”
3 Rounds (done in 7:11)
10 Pull-ups (gray and red bands as usual)
10 Front Squats (45lb barbell)
10 Burpees


Yesterday I bought some ground turkey breast with no plans what I was going to do with it. Inspiration struck when I saw this recipe for crock pot chili by Civilized Caveman to be eaten with cauliflower rice (or spaghetti squash).

1) Saute 1 medium onion, 1 bell pepper, and garlic in coconut oil until they start to become soft. (I didn't have any peppers and didn't feel like going out just for one, so I used what was left of some roasted red peppers in a jar)
2) Add 1 lb ground turkey and cook until brown.
3) Transfer the meat and veggies into your crock pot. Add 1 can diced tomatoes (you're supposed to drain them, but I missed that step), 3/4 cup organic free range chicken broth, oregano, and pepper and mix well. Recipe also suggests cumin and green chilis. Mine was a little too liquidy with both the water from the diced tomatoes and the broth.. next time I'd choose one or the other.
4) Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
5) Serve over a bed of cauliflower rice. Enjoy!

No comments: